Robin Roberts: No abnormalities in latest test
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Robin Roberts says that her latest bone marrow test showed no abnormalities and she will begin to prepare for a return to "Good Morning America."
Roberts, who has been on medical leave from GMA since the end of August when she left to have treatment for MDS, a rare blood and bone marrow disorder, made the announcement Monday morning, saying that her doctors contintue to tell her that her blood count is improving.
She says she will now begin the process of getting back on GMA time, including a dry run next week in which she will get up early and get prepped for the show, but she will not go on air.
She says her doctors want to see how her body reacts to stimulation and interaction with people, and that her official return is now weeks away instead of months.
On Friday, Roberts Tweeted that she would be making the announcement, fueling specuation of her return.
"Happy Friday. Looking forward to sharing news of my recovery with you on Monday @GMA. Have a fantastic weekend! Blessings..X0," Roberts tweeted.
That was followed up by a tweet from GMA, "We've got a special announcement coming from @RobinRoberts Monday on @GMA. Be sure to tune in!"
Roberts received a bone marrow transplant from her sister Sally in September. She wrote on her Facebook page earlier this week that she received "very encouraging news from my doctors. They are extremely pleased with my recovery. I am getting stronger every day."
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
robin roberts, entertainment
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Gridlock traffic for Memorial Day weekend getaway
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- 17-year-old brutally beaten with bat at gas station
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn.
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
WABC Entertainment Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos