Robin Roberts: No abnormalities in latest test
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Robin Roberts says that her latest bone marrow test showed no abnormalities and she will begin to prepare for a return to "Good Morning America."
Roberts, who has been on medical leave from GMA since the end of August when she left to have treatment for MDS, a rare blood and bone marrow disorder, made the announcement Monday morning, saying that her doctors contintue to tell her that her blood count is improving.
She says she will now begin the process of getting back on GMA time, including a dry run next week in which she will get up early and get prepped for the show, but she will not go on air.
She says her doctors want to see how her body reacts to stimulation and interaction with people, and that her official return is now weeks away instead of months.
On Friday, Roberts Tweeted that she would be making the announcement, fueling specuation of her return.
"Happy Friday. Looking forward to sharing news of my recovery with you on Monday @GMA. Have a fantastic weekend! Blessings..X0," Roberts tweeted.
That was followed up by a tweet from GMA, "We've got a special announcement coming from @RobinRoberts Monday on @GMA. Be sure to tune in!"
Roberts received a bone marrow transplant from her sister Sally in September. She wrote on her Facebook page earlier this week that she received "very encouraging news from my doctors. They are extremely pleased with my recovery. I am getting stronger every day."
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
robin roberts, entertainment
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 32 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players 49 min ago
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Lonely Michigan boy gets GMA surprise party
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85 14 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
32 min ago
WABC Entertainment Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos