Actor Jim Nabors marries male partner in Seattle
NEW YORK -- The actor best known for playing the TV character Gomer Pyle in the 1960s has married his male partner of 38 years.
Hawaii News Now reports Jim Nabors and his partner, Stan Cadwallader, traveled from their Honolulu home to Seattle to be married Jan. 15.
Gay marriage became legal in Washington state last month.
The 82-year-old Nabors says you've got to solidify something when you've been together as long as they have.
The couple met in 1975 when Cadwallader was a Honolulu firefighter. Cadwallader is 64.
Nabors says he's been open about his homosexuality to co-workers and friends but never acknowledged it to the media before.
Nabors played Gomer Pyle in "The Andy Griffith Show" and "Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C." television shows.
With the nominee announcements released, Oscar.com is inviting the public to play My Picks, an interactive and social Oscar ballot that allows users to pick who they think will win the Oscar in each award category. Fans can see the nominees their Facebook friends have picked to win. During the Oscar telecast, users will be able to compete with their friends to see who made the most accurate picks. The My Picks experience will live on the Oscars.com, the Oscars App, Facebook, ABCNews.com, OTRC.com and gma.yahoo.com." CLICK HERE to play My Picks right now!
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 27 min ago
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
27 min ago