Andy Warhol's Polaroids go up for sale online
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A moment of Diana Ross taken by Andy Warhol is one of many Polaroids that the artist was famous for taking.
"Andy's favorite tool was his polaroid camera. Called it his date when he'd go to parties," Jim Hedges said.
Hedges has collected quite a few of the Polaroids. He purchased them directly from the estate. Just about all of them are of people you'd recognize.
"Andy Warhol captured celebrities of the time," he said.
And now Jim is parting with many of these Polaroids, selling them through the website www.1stdibs.com.
Many of those Polaroids became the basis for paintings or prints, but the Polaroids on their own pack a punch.
While many Warhols sell for millions and millions, these Polaroids start selling at 5-thousand dollars.
andy warhol, auction, entertainment, lauren glassberg
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions 12 min ago
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults 32 min ago
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn 15 min ago
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Family pushes for drug/alcohol testing after fatal accidents
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral arrangements announced
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Photos: Scared Santa
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in...
15 min ago
WABC Entertainment Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos