Andy Warhol's Polaroids go up for sale online
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A moment of Diana Ross taken by Andy Warhol is one of many Polaroids that the artist was famous for taking.
"Andy's favorite tool was his polaroid camera. Called it his date when he'd go to parties," Jim Hedges said.
Hedges has collected quite a few of the Polaroids. He purchased them directly from the estate. Just about all of them are of people you'd recognize.
"Andy Warhol captured celebrities of the time," he said.
And now Jim is parting with many of these Polaroids, selling them through the website www.1stdibs.com.
Many of those Polaroids became the basis for paintings or prints, but the Polaroids on their own pack a punch.
While many Warhols sell for millions and millions, these Polaroids start selling at 5-thousand dollars.
andy warhol, auction, entertainment, lauren glassberg
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet 6 min ago
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Vietnam says cannot find object from...
6 min ago