Andy Warhol's Polaroids go up for sale online
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A moment of Diana Ross taken by Andy Warhol is one of many Polaroids that the artist was famous for taking.
"Andy's favorite tool was his polaroid camera. Called it his date when he'd go to parties," Jim Hedges said.
Hedges has collected quite a few of the Polaroids. He purchased them directly from the estate. Just about all of them are of people you'd recognize.
"Andy Warhol captured celebrities of the time," he said.
And now Jim is parting with many of these Polaroids, selling them through the website www.1stdibs.com.
Many of those Polaroids became the basis for paintings or prints, but the Polaroids on their own pack a punch.
While many Warhols sell for millions and millions, these Polaroids start selling at 5-thousand dollars.
andy warhol, auction, entertainment, lauren glassberg
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds 10 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Gridlock traffic for Memorial Day weekend getaway
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- 17-year-old brutally beaten with bat at gas station
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn.
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
10 min ago
WABC Entertainment Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos