Andy Warhol's Polaroids go up for sale online
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A moment of Diana Ross taken by Andy Warhol is one of many Polaroids that the artist was famous for taking.
"Andy's favorite tool was his polaroid camera. Called it his date when he'd go to parties," Jim Hedges said.
Hedges has collected quite a few of the Polaroids. He purchased them directly from the estate. Just about all of them are of people you'd recognize.
"Andy Warhol captured celebrities of the time," he said.
And now Jim is parting with many of these Polaroids, selling them through the website www.1stdibs.com.
Many of those Polaroids became the basis for paintings or prints, but the Polaroids on their own pack a punch.
While many Warhols sell for millions and millions, these Polaroids start selling at 5-thousand dollars.
andy warhol, auction, entertainment, lauren glassberg
- At least 2 dead, 28 hurt in East Harlem explosion 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 18 min ago
- Metro-North service changes due to East Harlem explosion
- Video: Emergency personnel investigating East...
- Video: How will the East Harlem explosion affect...
- Video: Building explosion rattles East Harlem
- Video: De Blasio: Gas leak complaint came in 15...
- Video: Residents near East Harlem explosion...
- Video: Woman hears East Harlem Explosion, thought...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination