The Wolverine and To Do List - Sandy Kenyon's reviews
NEW YORK (WABC) -- For everyone who has ever wanted to get to know him better, this wolverine is for you.
"The Wolverine" picks up where 'X-Men: The Last Stand' left-off, but you don't have to know anything about the franchise to enjoy this. It's the best movie so far featuring his iconic character.
At its heart is a newly vulnerable character struggling with his immortality, dreaming of his dead wife and drawn into a family drama in Japan thanks to a favor he did after World War 2.
So often blockbusters neglect to show real human emotion because the studios are afraid of turning off the young men who make or break these very expensive films, but this one balances action with reaction in a way I found most satisfying.
To Do List
The "To Do List" is rated R for really raunchy - not so much for what is shown as for what is said because this nerd's list is all about making up for lost time and losing her virginity.
TV star Aubrey Plaza makes a likable enough debut as a movie star, but everyone here is too old to be playing high school seniors.
I brought a college sophomore to a screening and Erin laughed out loud exactly once. The film, which is set back 20 years ago in the 1990's, just wasn't relevant enough or funny enough for Erin to recommend it to her friends.
movie, movie review, entertainment, sandy kenyon
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes 35 min ago
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall