Aretha Franklin back on stage at Detroit casino
DETROIT -- After recovering from an undisclosed illness, Aretha Franklin is returning to the concert stage with a December performance in her hometown of Detroit.
The Detroit News says the Queen of Soul will sing Dec. 21 at the MotorCity Casino Hotel's Sound Board.
Franklin is involved in recording an album for Clive Davis and Sony Music in November, produced by Don Was and Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds.
Franklin told reporters Oct. 16 that "the side effects were rough" from her treatment for the mystery condition and says she's "glad to be back."
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
WABC Entertainment Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos