Brittany Murphy was poisoned, dad says
LOS ANGELES, CA -- There are new questions in the death of actress Brittany Murphy. The original coroner's report said she died of natural causes but, according to ABC News, a new toxicology test indicates she may have been poisoned.
Murphy's father told Good Morning America that there was something suspicious about his daughter's death.
"I have a feeling there's definitely a murder situation here," Murphy's father, Angelo Bertolotti, told GMA. "It's poison."
Murphy was found unconscious in her LA home back in 2009 and died soon after. The coroner noted the death was from acquired pneumonia, iron deficiency anemia and that she was weakened by her perscription medication. But in court papers filed by her father, he points out the coroner never tested her hair.
Then five months later, Murphy's husband died under similar conditions.
And now a new toxicology report ordered by Murphy's father reveals results that may support his claim.
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash 35 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- New measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 55 min ago
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 55 min ago
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker 32 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash...
55 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather...
35 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
55 min ago
7online News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos