NEW YORK (WABC) -- If you and your kids enjoyed "Tangled" and "Wreck it Ralph" then you may want to check out "Frozen" which was made by some of the folks who gave us those earlier hits.
The new animated film is loosely based on a story by Hans Christian Anderson - with merriment and music added.
The ice queen first came alive in a fairy tale more than 150 years ago.
Before movies were even invented, but it's taken this long to bring her to the big screen because- the original story was a very dark tale with a queen who is the mistress of the big chill.
Sandy Kenyon says it's one of the most complicated characters he's seen in a Disney film in a long time.
Elsa can't control her evil powers - which makes her seems more vulnerable than vindictive.
"Anna" is the only one capable of restraining her sister - but the princess is far from perfect.
Watch Sandy's full review above.
The result will keep kids engaged without boring their parents. It's not quite as compelling as "Tangled" nor as funny as "Wreck it Ralph" but "Frozen" is fun enough for families. It's from "Walt Disney Studios" - owned by the same parent company as WABC.
movie, movie review, entertainment, sandy kenyon
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday 40 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion 36 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 11 min ago
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Firefighters respond to brush fire near JFK
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
40 min ago