NEW YORK (WABC) -- If you and your kids enjoyed "Tangled" and "Wreck it Ralph" then you may want to check out "Frozen" which was made by some of the folks who gave us those earlier hits.
The new animated film is loosely based on a story by Hans Christian Anderson - with merriment and music added.
The ice queen first came alive in a fairy tale more than 150 years ago.
Before movies were even invented, but it's taken this long to bring her to the big screen because- the original story was a very dark tale with a queen who is the mistress of the big chill.
Sandy Kenyon says it's one of the most complicated characters he's seen in a Disney film in a long time.
Elsa can't control her evil powers - which makes her seems more vulnerable than vindictive.
"Anna" is the only one capable of restraining her sister - but the princess is far from perfect.
Watch Sandy's full review above.
The result will keep kids engaged without boring their parents. It's not quite as compelling as "Tangled" nor as funny as "Wreck it Ralph" but "Frozen" is fun enough for families. It's from "Walt Disney Studios" - owned by the same parent company as WABC.
movie, movie review, entertainment, sandy kenyon
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 49 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
WABC Entertainment Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos