ABC News' Sam Champion undergoes skin cancer surgery
NEW YORK (WABC) -- This morning on "Good Morning America", anchor Sam Champion had surgery to remove skin cancer cells from his shoulder.
The procedure was performed on live television by Dr. Michele Pauporte, a dermatologist with Juva Skin and Laser Center in Manhattan.
Champion said he had the procedure done on television to raise awareness about the prevalence of the disease.
For more on this story, go to:
LINK: ABC News Story
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos