ABC News' Sam Champion undergoes skin cancer surgery
NEW YORK (WABC) -- This morning on "Good Morning America", anchor Sam Champion had surgery to remove skin cancer cells from his shoulder.
The procedure was performed on live television by Dr. Michele Pauporte, a dermatologist with Juva Skin and Laser Center in Manhattan.
Champion said he had the procedure done on television to raise awareness about the prevalence of the disease.
For more on this story, go to:
LINK: ABC News Story
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military 10 min ago
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 12 min ago
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class 58 min ago
- Volunteers give Vietnam Vet special holiday gift 47 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos