Square meals vs. mini meals
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Contrary to most dieting advice, three square meals a day may be a better strategy than several smaller meals if you are trying to lose weight.
Researchers studied overweight and obese men on a low-calorie, high protein diet.
They found that six mini-meals didn't seem to be as beneficial when it came to appetite control.
It was the men on the high protein diet who ate three meals a day that felt fuller in the evening and late at night, plus they were less preoccupied with thoughts of food.
dieting, health alert, health news
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Limited 7 train service on entire line
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Fire inside the Marriott Marquis in Times Square
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Flu shots could be mandatory for NYC kids
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide