Square meals vs. mini meals
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Contrary to most dieting advice, three square meals a day may be a better strategy than several smaller meals if you are trying to lose weight.
Researchers studied overweight and obese men on a low-calorie, high protein diet.
They found that six mini-meals didn't seem to be as beneficial when it came to appetite control.
It was the men on the high protein diet who ate three meals a day that felt fuller in the evening and late at night, plus they were less preoccupied with thoughts of food.
dieting, health alert, health news
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 90-minute delays after LIRR service suspension 32 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 20 min ago
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians 35 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
20 min ago