Mom who injected daughter with Botox investigated
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco authorities are investigating a mother who says she gives anti-wrinkle Botox injections to her 8-year-old daughter who appears in beauty contests.
Trent Rhorer with the city's Human Services Agency tells KGO-TV that officials need to sit down and talk with Kerry Campbell and her daughter, Britney.
Campbell appeared with her daughter Thursday on ABC's "Good Morning America." She enrolls Britney in beauty pageants and says she got the idea to give her daughter Botox from other pageant mothers.
Rhorer says his office received numerous calls from people concerned about Britney's well-being after the TV appearance.
Botox injections can be painful and are not recommended for anyone under the age of 18.
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act