Mom who injected daughter with Botox investigated
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco authorities are investigating a mother who says she gives anti-wrinkle Botox injections to her 8-year-old daughter who appears in beauty contests.
Trent Rhorer with the city's Human Services Agency tells KGO-TV that officials need to sit down and talk with Kerry Campbell and her daughter, Britney.
Campbell appeared with her daughter Thursday on ABC's "Good Morning America." She enrolls Britney in beauty pageants and says she got the idea to give her daughter Botox from other pageant mothers.
Rhorer says his office received numerous calls from people concerned about Britney's well-being after the TV appearance.
Botox injections can be painful and are not recommended for anyone under the age of 18.
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery 49 min ago
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms 46 min ago
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus 24 min ago
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital