Mom who injected daughter with Botox investigated
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco authorities are investigating a mother who says she gives anti-wrinkle Botox injections to her 8-year-old daughter who appears in beauty contests.
Trent Rhorer with the city's Human Services Agency tells KGO-TV that officials need to sit down and talk with Kerry Campbell and her daughter, Britney.
Campbell appeared with her daughter Thursday on ABC's "Good Morning America." She enrolls Britney in beauty pageants and says she got the idea to give her daughter Botox from other pageant mothers.
Rhorer says his office received numerous calls from people concerned about Britney's well-being after the TV appearance.
Botox injections can be painful and are not recommended for anyone under the age of 18.
- 3 lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen