Underage males expected to visit ER this July 4th
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The emergency room is one of the most popular spots for young men to spend their July 4th.
A new study from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, or SAMHSA, finds that the number of underage males who go to the ER for alcohol-related reasons more than doubles over the 4th.
Trips by women under 21 goes up, but not nearly as much.
For more information, visit abcnews.com.
underage drinking, health news
- Cuomo to announce new deal between MTA and Transit Union 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 59 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay 11 min ago
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- NYC mayor announces Sandy recovery reforms 27 min ago
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera
- NYC mayor announces Sandy recovery reforms
27 min ago