Underage males expected to visit ER this July 4th
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The emergency room is one of the most popular spots for young men to spend their July 4th.
A new study from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, or SAMHSA, finds that the number of underage males who go to the ER for alcohol-related reasons more than doubles over the 4th.
Trips by women under 21 goes up, but not nearly as much.
For more information, visit abcnews.com.
underage drinking, health news
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- AccuWeather: Much Colder 40 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian jet widens
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Sick patrons interrupt Broadway show performance
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Video: Manhattan clinches first NCAA bid in a decade
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos