Study links pot smoking and weight loss
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Researchers have found a surprising link between smoking marijuana and a lower risk of obesity.
Although a common side effect of cannabis is the "munchies," the results of a French study showed about a 10 percent lower rate of obesity in people who frequently smoke marijuana compared with those who never have.
Researchers believe some components of marijuana may help people lose weight, however they emphasized that people should not smoke marijuana to lose weight.
marijuana, health alert, weight loss, health news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds 14 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Gridlock traffic for Memorial Day weekend getaway 34 min ago
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- 17-year-old brutally beaten with bat at gas station 42 min ago
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn. 40 min ago
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Parts of Saw Mill Parkway remain closed due...
33 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
14 min ago
- 17-year-old brutally beaten with bat at gas...
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos