'Sober Pill' being developed
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A drug that will let you drink as much as you want without getting drunk is being developed.
Some scientists say they're developing a "stay sober" pill that would limit alcohol's affect on the brain.
According to the British Journal of Pharmacology, mice were given the drug and then fed alcohol.
They didn't show any signs of intoxication.
However, researchers caution that it could be a long time before the sober pill is on the market.
health alert, drinking, health news
- 3 lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen