Rejuvenating your cleavage
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Few will disagree, but the eye is naturally drawn here but one should never get caught looking at a woman's cleavage.
"If you look at princes and queen and gowns, they all try to highlight that area," said Dr. Misbah Khan, cosmetic surgeon.
Right between a woman breasts is an area Kathleen Clyne was a little self conscious of.
"I have a little creping in the chest area," Clyne said, "This was an opportunity for me to fix something I haven't done in the past."
But now at the age of 58, she's ready and went to Sadick Dermatology for what's called décolletage rejuvenation.
Dr. Misbah Khan focuses on Kathleen's chest and neck area, injecting the neurotoxin, dysport, into the muscles, muscles that contract and over time cause wrinkles.
Dysport paralyses those muscles, Botox can also be used.
"The cleavage line becomes much sharper, it becomes much more defined and looks prettier because now we're not seeing fine lines anymore," Dr. Khan said.
Kathleen will start to see those fine lines disappear in about 24 hours, and the changes will last between three and four months.
About 8 years ago, Linda McLaughlin was diagnosed with breast cancer and says radiation treatments changed the texture of her skin.
She did have fine lines after the injections, but her cleavage is smoother.
Most patients need between 10 and 20 injections that will cost you about $1,500.
Linda says she couldn't be happier.
"I just ordered a beautiful wedding dress for an upcoming wedding and it's a boat neck line, with cap sleeves, I decided well, maybe I'll change and get a low cut one, try it that way," said Linda McLaughlin, patient.
womens health, health news, kemberly richardson
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide