Study finds kiwis lower blood pressure
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Three kiwis a day may be more effective in keeping the doctor away than an apple.
Researchers in Norway found that people who added three kiwis to their daily diet often experienced a drop in blood pressure.
Kiwis contain lutein, which has anti-oxidant properties.
People who ate them had a lower average blood pressure than a control group, who ate an apple a day instead.
blood pressure, health alert, health news
- LIRR suspended between Huntington, Hicksville 8 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 32 min ago
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker 5 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures 28 min ago