Research says acupuncture is safe for children
EDMONTON, Alberta (WABC) -- A new study shows acupuncture is safe for children.
Researchers at the University of Alberta in Canada reviewed decades worth of data and say they found relatively few serious side-effects among children treated with acupuncture, if performed properly.
Acupuncture, which consists in inserting and manipulating thin needles in the body, is most often used in pediatric patients with chronic pain, asthma, eczema and allergies.
children health, health alert, health news
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Christie appointee resigns amid probe 7 min ago
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email 45 min ago
- NY lawmakers to announce legislation preventing bridge tolls 48 min ago
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Mega Millions rises to $425M for Friday drawing 12 min ago
- Budget bill heads to the Senate
- Secret Sales: Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans and Photo Books
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees