Germs abundant during holiday travel season
NEW YORK (WABC) -- It's one of the busiest travel times of the year, but it's also prime time for colds and the flu.
Infectious disease experts say germs can easily spread in confined spaces like the inside of an airplane.
When it comes to the flu, doctors say the hot zone is within two or three rows of the passenger who is coughing and sneezing.
You may not be able avoid the sick person next to you, but you can take some precautions from getting others germs by wiping down tray tables, arm rest and the seats with bacterial wipes.
Also wash your hands as frequently as possible while on board.
You might get some strange looks, but you won't get sick.
air travel, health alert, holiday travel, health news
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions 21 min ago
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults 41 min ago
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn 24 min ago
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral to be held Wednesday 2 min ago
- Family pushes for drug/alcohol testing after fatal accidents
- Photos: Scared Santa
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in...
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos