For kids, healthy mind and body go hand in hand
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Spending more time in the classroom, and less time playing outside, may be the absolutely wrong choice when it comes to getting better grades.
nn= Researchers believe there are several reasons why exercise works not only the body, but the mind too.
It increases blood and oxygen flow to the brain, making children more likely to behave in the classroom.
Kids who participate in sports learn to obey rules, and tend to be more disciplined and able to concentrate.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
health alert, children health, health news
- LIRR suspended between Huntington, Hicksville 3 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 27 min ago
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures 23 min ago