For kids, healthy mind and body go hand in hand
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Spending more time in the classroom, and less time playing outside, may be the absolutely wrong choice when it comes to getting better grades.
Researchers believe there are several reasons why exercise works not only the body, but the mind too.
It increases blood and oxygen flow to the brain, making children more likely to behave in the classroom.
Kids who participate in sports learn to obey rules, and tend to be more disciplined and able to concentrate.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
health alert, children health, health news
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting 58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 28 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 52 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera 50 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
28 min ago