Study doubts effectiveness of Tamiflu
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There are new doubts about the effectiveness of the popular flu drug Tamiflu.
Researchers at the Cochrane Collaboration say most of the data on Tamiflu is incomplete and the claims that Tamiflu has the ability to prevent the spread of the virus have not been proven in trials.
Yet, this is one of the reasons governments worldwide spend billions of dollars stockpiling Tamiflu.
The FDA is thought to have the complete reports, but has not yet responded to requests for them.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
health alert, flu, flu vaccine, health news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick 10 min ago
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss
- Software engineer teaches homeless man how to code
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos