Junk food in schools
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The availability of junk food in schools does not make a difference when it comes to middle school students being overweight.
Researchers stress that doesn't mean junk food is OK.
It means that children are not doing the majority of their junk food eating while at school.
For years, health experts have been concerned about unhealthy food in schools.
Obesity now affects 17% of US children between 2 and 19-years-old.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
obesity, school lunches, health news
- Snowstorm moves into New York area 4 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos 9 min ago
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures 9 min ago
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures 10 min ago
- NJ Transit delays due to problems on Portal Bridge
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City 58 min ago
- New Jersey getting hit with another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela at memorial
- Woman beaten up, robbed on Harlem subway platform
- Port Authority relocating owls that are threat to planes
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
58 min ago
- Snowstorm moves into New York area
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos