Marijuana mouth spray coming to U.S.
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The latest form of medical marijuana may be available in the U.S. next year, marijuana mouth spray.
The spray is called "Sativex" and is made with marijuana's two best known components THC and the Sativa strands of Cannabis.
The medication is designed to relieve muscle spasms for people with multiple sclerosis or cancer patients.
Using marijuana with a doctor's prescription is legal in 16 states and DC.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
health alert, marijuana, health news
- At least 1 dead, 15 hurt in East Harlem explosion 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live! 58 min ago
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 12 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25