Signs of heart attacks for women
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Doctors say women often don't realize they're having a heart attack, because their symptoms can be more subtle than a man's.
In women, a slight pressure or discomfort in the chest could be a sign and not necessarily a dramatic stabbing pain as many expect.
Another symptom could be extreme fatigue, sometimes lasting months.
Also look out for shortness of breath, nausea or vomiting.
February is American Heart Month.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
heart disease, health alert, womens health, health news
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85 26 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos