Signs of heart attacks for women
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Doctors say women often don't realize they're having a heart attack, because their symptoms can be more subtle than a man's.
In women, a slight pressure or discomfort in the chest could be a sign and not necessarily a dramatic stabbing pain as many expect.
Another symptom could be extreme fatigue, sometimes lasting months.
Also look out for shortness of breath, nausea or vomiting.
February is American Heart Month.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
heart disease, health alert, womens health, health news
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Triple stabbing at Stamford High School
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos