Improving your sex life with food
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Dr. Nick Perricone has a vast skin care line, but this Valentine's day he says don't worry so much about what you put on your skin, worry about what you eat.
It's true that oysters are aphrodisiacs because they have zinc.
"Zinc is necessary for synthesis of testosterone. Isn't that just for men? No. Libido levels in women are based on testosterone as well," he said.
Don't like oysters, go for pumpkin seeds. They're especially potent for women.
Peanuts will help the men be a little more responsive. They're rich with an amino acid that relaxes blood vessels.
Garlic may do a number on your breath, but garlic contains allicin
Avocados are rich in folic acid. That helps improve your mood as will blueberries.
Wild salmon's omega3s are mood enhancers, but did you know about the magic of watermelon?
"It's incredible because it contains an amino acid. This is Viagra natural," Dr. Perricone said.
Asparagus is another one to check out!
"Asparagus is high in folic acid, which increases histamine," he explained.
Histamine helps your sex drive.
Finally, dark chocolate stimulates the production of endorphins. Endorphins make you feel good.
If you have any questions for Dr. Perricone you can tweet them to @DrPerricone.
For more information please visit www.perriconemd.com.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
sex, health news, lauren glassberg
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 38 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
38 min ago