FDA found many lipsticks with lead
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There's a frightening new finding about lipstick and lead.
The highly toxic metal is banned in paint, but it's still showing up in popular lipstick brands.
The Food and Drug Administration tested 400 lipsticks and most had trace levels of lead.
L'Oreal and Maybelline ranked among the top 10 most contaminated brands.
The FDA says the levels were not high enough to pose safety risks.
To read the complete FDA report please visit: http://www.fda.gov/Cosmetics/ProductandIngredientSafety/ProductInformation/ucm137224.htm#expanalyses
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
fda, health news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 44 min ago
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- 3-year-old boy gets stuck in Nebraska claw machine 39 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos