FDA found many lipsticks with lead
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There's a frightening new finding about lipstick and lead.
The highly toxic metal is banned in paint, but it's still showing up in popular lipstick brands.
The Food and Drug Administration tested 400 lipsticks and most had trace levels of lead.
L'Oreal and Maybelline ranked among the top 10 most contaminated brands.
The FDA says the levels were not high enough to pose safety risks.
To read the complete FDA report please visit: http://www.fda.gov/Cosmetics/ProductandIngredientSafety/ProductInformation/ucm137224.htm#expanalyses
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
fda, health news
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway