Difference between fructose and sugar?
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Which does more to pack on pounds, fructose or sugar?
A new study suggests it may not make a difference.
Researchers found that fructose is no worse than other sugars when to comes to putting on weight.
The sweetener is a key ingredient in sodas and many other processed foods and drinks.
The study found it's the daily number of calories that determines weight gain, not where they come from.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
health alert, health news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's in Nassau County 5 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Freight train, truck collide in West Nyack
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 1 min ago
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners
- USA to open against Ghana in '14 World Cup
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
1 min ago