New online magazine for expecting moms
KIPS BAY (WABC) -- Stork magazine is a just launched online publication for pregnant women.
New moms learn the glass is always half full when it comes to things like weight gain, breast feeding, bed rest and so much more.
"Am I going to have a C-section? Am I not? Is my life over? Well, we're here to say, 'No honey, it's only just begun,'" Liza Elliott-Ramirez, the Stork Magazine founder, said.
This all began late last year, as an informal blog.
"The response was really great because the stories were very short and to the point, so people were really tapping into that," Elliott-Ramirez said.
So in January, the online magazine was born, but Liza had already done her homework.
More than a decade ago, this former model, who is also a mother of two, created Expecting Models, an agency that specializes in maternity models.
Their client list is long and impressive advertisers who are looking for not a pillow stuffed under a shirt, but rather the real deal.
"We follow the web and flow throughout their journey of pregnancy and then once they've had their baby, they move into the real mom and baby division, so they get to work with their baby and it's double the rate - cha-ching, cha-ching," she laughed.
The goal is to lead those clients, along with millions of other women, to this new website. It's a place where Liza hopes readers walk away feeling like they are not alone, rather understood.
"Feeling like you have a platform and a community of women experiencing exactly what you're going through, live time," she said.
A forum where women can get inspired, motivated and not be afraid of asking even the toughest of questions.
"You can chime in and say, 'Wow, I can't believe I am having twins and my doctor just said, one maybe vanishing. I'm freaking out,'" she said.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
health news, kemberly richardson
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall