Vitamin D3 for menstrual cramps
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There's a remedy for menstrual cramps that doesn't require medication.
Researchers in Italy found vitamin D3 offered relief for women suffering from painful monthly cramps.
But, some experts say the treatment involves a huge dose of vitamin D, a level that could be dangerous.
Researchers hope vitamin D3 supplements could one day replace painkillers.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
health alert, womens health, health news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos