Vitamin D3 for menstrual cramps
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There's a remedy for menstrual cramps that doesn't require medication.
Researchers in Italy found vitamin D3 offered relief for women suffering from painful monthly cramps.
But, some experts say the treatment involves a huge dose of vitamin D, a level that could be dangerous.
Researchers hope vitamin D3 supplements could one day replace painkillers.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
health alert, womens health, health news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Train derail victim's brother speaks out about her death
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases