The Manhattan Diet, stay thin while enjoying NYC
NEW YORK (WABC) -- How in the world did those "Sex and the City" ladies stay so thin while living such a fabulous life? Especially in this city, with the best restaurants in the country, dessert carts and pizza places on every corner.
The Manhattan diet suggests that skinny New Yorkers indulge their cravings, eat what you want, just not a lot of it.
"I think it's unhealthy to deprive yourself of stuff," Eileen Daspin said.
For her new book, Daspin interviewed more than 100 fit and fabulous Manhattanites to discover their secrets.
The top tips they gave her: Buy and eat small portions, get competitive in exercise classes, shop for groceries early and often, and sneak in work outs.
The diet says it's ok to cheat every now and then with small desserts or a glass of wine but don't forget the best part about this town, you can walk everywhere.
"I'm always on the go, you know you're always on the move," Sara Pilot said. Pilot is a size zero, Park Avenue mother of two who says her trick is to never clean her plate.
"I try to eat a little bit at a time but frequently," adds Pilot.
And after enjoying a sweet treat, she burns it off later at a competitive spinning class.
diet, health news, dr. sapna parikh
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine 37 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx
- At least 6 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor 54 min ago
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe 30 min ago
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- American Medical Association calling obesity a disease
- Men's Warehouse fires founder/spokesman George Zimmer
- Paula Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos