Drink a day lowers stroke risk
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There's a reason women may want to have a drink every day.
Women who drink a light to moderate amount of alcohol have a lower risk of stroke than women who never drink.
Researchers believe alcohol prevents blood clots and cholesterol from accumulating in the arteries.
However the opposite happens when women drink too much.
Light to moderate drinking means one drink a day.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
drinking, health alert, health news
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 2 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing 57 min ago
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- $353 million up for grabs in Mega Millions drawing Friday