Drink a day lowers stroke risk
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There's a reason women may want to have a drink every day.
Women who drink a light to moderate amount of alcohol have a lower risk of stroke than women who never drink.
Researchers believe alcohol prevents blood clots and cholesterol from accumulating in the arteries.
However the opposite happens when women drink too much.
Light to moderate drinking means one drink a day.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
drinking, health alert, health news
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- Mega Millions hits $400M for Friday drawing 11 min ago
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees