Drink a day lowers stroke risk
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There's a reason women may want to have a drink every day.
Women who drink a light to moderate amount of alcohol have a lower risk of stroke than women who never drink.
Researchers believe alcohol prevents blood clots and cholesterol from accumulating in the arteries.
However the opposite happens when women drink too much.
Light to moderate drinking means one drink a day.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
drinking, health alert, health news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act