Eat chocolate to stay thin?
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Eating chocolate to stay thin may sound too good to be true but it's not!
A new study from University of California San Diego says people who eat chocolate regularly are actually skinnier than those who don't.
The difference was modest five to seven pounds.
The researchers think the calories in chocolate may be less likely to be deposited as fat for some reason because the people in the study did not exercise more after eating the chocolate.
However, even the study researchers admit there's no proof chocolate will melt away the excess pounds.
The study found an association and not a direct link to chocolate making people skinnier so you might not want to chomp down on too much chocolate just yet.
Researchers are trying to determine if the benefits of chocolate offset the number of calories that it usually contains.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
health alert, chocolate, health news
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder 15 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Workers remove rubble in East Harlem 38 min ago
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing 22 min ago
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Majority of debris removed from explosion...
23 min ago
- Residents displaced by explosion search for...
24 min ago
- Workers remove rubble in East Harlem
38 min ago
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of...
22 min ago