Eat chocolate to stay thin?
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Eating chocolate to stay thin may sound too good to be true but it's not!
A new study from University of California San Diego says people who eat chocolate regularly are actually skinnier than those who don't.
The difference was modest five to seven pounds.
The researchers think the calories in chocolate may be less likely to be deposited as fat for some reason because the people in the study did not exercise more after eating the chocolate.
However, even the study researchers admit there's no proof chocolate will melt away the excess pounds.
The study found an association and not a direct link to chocolate making people skinnier so you might not want to chomp down on too much chocolate just yet.
Researchers are trying to determine if the benefits of chocolate offset the number of calories that it usually contains.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
health alert, chocolate, health news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 3 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Another delayed GM recall detailed by new documents
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
59 min ago