New chemical could make teeth cavity proof
CHILE (WABC) -- A new chemical designed by dentists in Chile could make teeth cavity proof.
The chemical reportedly wipes out all bacteria that cause cavities in just 60 seconds.
It could turn toothpaste, mouthwash and chewing gum into super cleansers that could get rid of the underlying cause of tooth decay.
The chemical, which has been called Keep 32 after the 32 teeth in a human mouth, is now undergoing human trials after seven years of testing.
Experts say it could be on the market in 14 to 18 months.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Triple stabbing at Stamford High School
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos