New chemical could make teeth cavity proof
CHILE (WABC) -- A new chemical designed by dentists in Chile could make teeth cavity proof.
The chemical reportedly wipes out all bacteria that cause cavities in just 60 seconds.
It could turn toothpaste, mouthwash and chewing gum into super cleansers that could get rid of the underlying cause of tooth decay.
The chemical, which has been called Keep 32 after the 32 teeth in a human mouth, is now undergoing human trials after seven years of testing.
Experts say it could be on the market in 14 to 18 months.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Police arrest 2 in Long Island menorah vandalism
- Man dies paragliding after hitting ice
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013