Brooklyn-born chief resident in trauma surgery
NEW YORK (WABC) -- On Tuesday's episode, you'll get to see a typical Friday night in a New York City trauma center and all the madness that goes with it.
One of the doctors is a surgeon, a mother, and definitely a New Yorker.
Dr. Tara Margarella is a surgical chief resident, training in a busy Brooklyn hospital. She says when she's on call, you know there will be action.
"We had two assaults, three gun shots and one's a stabbing. And that's just, that's my life," she said.
Her life as a surgeon in training is featured in New York Med.
"You can't get into surgery unless you love it. It's very task oriented, problem solving, in the minute, in the moment kind of field," she said.
Born and raised in Brooklyn, Dr. Margarella is a woman with a big personality
"I'm all Brooklyn! I'm a Brooklyn girl at heart, and it comes out every now and again," Margarella said.
But when she's gets home, it's a different story. She's a wife and mom, facing the same never-ending daily challenges every parent does.
"When you have a child your peace of mind is gone. Everything becomes dangerous or worrisome, or a potential hazard," she said.
Like so many women, Dr. Margarella says it's all about finding that balance
In tonight's episode you'll get to see what doctors really can do when someone is shot in the chest. It's a life or death procedure done right in the emergency room.
Watch New York Med Tuesdays at 10 p.m. on ABC 7.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
health news, dr. sapna parikh
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 6 min ago
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games 35 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- 14.5 pound baby born in Boston
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos