Ovarian cancer screenings, crying it out
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Ovarian cancer screening does more harm than good, according to the United States Services Preventive Task Force.
The task force is updating its recommendation against screening in women without symptoms.
The new report says even though ovarian cancer is often deadly and detected late, there is no existing screening method that works to reduce deaths.
The majority of women who test positive on screening will have a false-positive result, which can lead to unnecessary surgeries.
A new study in the journal "pediatrics" may settle the debate for parents should you let your babies cry themselves to sleep?
New research says it's okay.
Researchers looked at more than 300 children from 7 months to 6 years old, comparing two sleep-training methods that let babies cry it out at bedtime.
Half the children were put in the sleep program. The others were placed in a control group.
By age 6, the study found no significant differences in terms of emotional health, behavior or sleep problems.
A seven minute work-out may be all it takes to improve kids health and help them lose weight
That's according to a new study in the Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine. Researchers found that children who exercise vigorously for 7 minutes have slimmer waistlines, a lower body mass index and lower blood pressure, regardless of their diet.
The research also suggests that working out longer is better, but the point is that even a little effort makes a difference. Sometimes the hardest part is getting started.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
womens health, children health, health news, dr. sapna parikh
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Tornado Warning: Dutchess County 32 min ago
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- Two more possible bias attacks investigated in New York City 39 min ago
- NYPD detective accused of hacking, spying on associates
- Connecticut rail service to return to normal Wednesday 56 min ago
- Super Bowl 50 goes to San Francisco
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One 11 min ago
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
38 min ago
- Crews race to find survivors after Oklahoma...
10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos