Ovarian cancer screenings, crying it out
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Ovarian cancer screening does more harm than good, according to the United States Services Preventive Task Force.
The task force is updating its recommendation against screening in women without symptoms.
The new report says even though ovarian cancer is often deadly and detected late, there is no existing screening method that works to reduce deaths.
The majority of women who test positive on screening will have a false-positive result, which can lead to unnecessary surgeries.
A new study in the journal "pediatrics" may settle the debate for parents should you let your babies cry themselves to sleep?
New research says it's okay.
Researchers looked at more than 300 children from 7 months to 6 years old, comparing two sleep-training methods that let babies cry it out at bedtime.
Half the children were put in the sleep program. The others were placed in a control group.
By age 6, the study found no significant differences in terms of emotional health, behavior or sleep problems.
A seven minute work-out may be all it takes to improve kids health and help them lose weight
That's according to a new study in the Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine. Researchers found that children who exercise vigorously for 7 minutes have slimmer waistlines, a lower body mass index and lower blood pressure, regardless of their diet.
The research also suggests that working out longer is better, but the point is that even a little effort makes a difference. Sometimes the hardest part is getting started.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
womens health, children health, health news, dr. sapna parikh
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder 40 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault 8 min ago
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site 2 min ago
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos