Do women or men have a better chance of reaching 100?
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Women have a better chance of reaching the century mark than men.
According to Census data, fewer than 2 percent of Americans are 100 or older. Of that group, 80 percent are women.
Studies suggest that the disparity is because women handle age-related diseases better than men.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
- Guinness drops St. Pat's Day parade sponsorship 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow for some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago