Zicam Nasal Gel recalled over contamination
NEW YORK -- One lot of Zicam Extreme Congestion Relief nasal gel has been recalled by its manufacturer after routine testing revealed Burkholderia cepacia bacteria in a sample, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration reported.
The company, Matrixx Initiatives, said the affected lot had been distributed nationwide. The lot consists of 0.5-ounce spray bottles containing a nondrip liquid, in cartons labeled with NDC number 62750-005-10, lot number 2J23, with an expiration date of September 2015.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect
- Screw Magazine publisher Al Goldstein dies at 77
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos