New study says you can tweet your way thin
SOUTH CAROLINA (WABC) -- A compelling new study says you can tweet your way thin.
Nearly 100 overweight men and women were divided into two groups for a six-month weight-loss program.
The group that posted the updates and got feedback about their weight loss on twitter lost more weight than the group that didn't.
In fact, researchers at the University of South Carolina found every ten posts to twitter equaled a fraction of a pound in weight loss.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
twitter, weight loss, health alert, health news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97 15 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014