New study says you can tweet your way thin
SOUTH CAROLINA (WABC) -- A compelling new study says you can tweet your way thin.
Nearly 100 overweight men and women were divided into two groups for a six-month weight-loss program.
The group that posted the updates and got feedback about their weight loss on twitter lost more weight than the group that didn't.
In fact, researchers at the University of South Carolina found every ten posts to twitter equaled a fraction of a pound in weight loss.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
twitter, weight loss, health alert, health news
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx 58 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable 37 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Dave Jennings, former Giants punter, dies 8 min ago
- Man shot multiple times in Nassau County
- At least 6 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- American Medical Association calling obesity a disease 8 min ago
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Strollers recalled due to wheel blowouts , Kolcraft says
- Slim Whitman, country singer, dies
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos