New report shows cancer rates down
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There's good news in the fight against cancer.
The death rate from cancer has fallen 20%, since it peaked in 1991.
A report released Thursday from the American Cancer Society shows even larger death rate declines in breast, lung and prostate cancer.
The report tributes the change to a decline in smoking, earlier detection and better treatments.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
health alert, cancer, health news
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly found
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 7 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports 42 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew...
42 min ago