New report shows cancer rates down
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There's good news in the fight against cancer.
The death rate from cancer has fallen 20%, since it peaked in 1991.
A report released Thursday from the American Cancer Society shows even larger death rate declines in breast, lung and prostate cancer.
The report tributes the change to a decline in smoking, earlier detection and better treatments.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
health alert, cancer, health news
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Volunteers give Vietnam Vet special holiday gift
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos