Fight off the flu with healthy eating
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Health officials recommend flu shots to avoid getting sick, but what you eat may help keep you healthy as well.
Nutritionists say a strong immune system can help fight off the flu bug.
Dietitians recommend protein rich foods such as seafood, eggs and lean meat.
Vitamin C, found in citrus fruits, triggers the production of immune-boosting antibodies.
Vitamin E, found in peanut butter and spinach, is an antioxidant that can help the immune system.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
health alert, health news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 30 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos