Fight off the flu with healthy eating
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Health officials recommend flu shots to avoid getting sick, but what you eat may help keep you healthy as well.
Nutritionists say a strong immune system can help fight off the flu bug.
Dietitians recommend protein rich foods such as seafood, eggs and lean meat.
Vitamin C, found in citrus fruits, triggers the production of immune-boosting antibodies.
Vitamin E, found in peanut butter and spinach, is an antioxidant that can help the immune system.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
health alert, health news
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 40 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault 6 min ago
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Magnitude-7.5 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village 37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
40 min ago