Fight off the flu with healthy eating
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Health officials recommend flu shots to avoid getting sick, but what you eat may help keep you healthy as well.
Nutritionists say a strong immune system can help fight off the flu bug.
Dietitians recommend protein rich foods such as seafood, eggs and lean meat.
Vitamin C, found in citrus fruits, triggers the production of immune-boosting antibodies.
Vitamin E, found in peanut butter and spinach, is an antioxidant that can help the immune system.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
health alert, health news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies 9 min ago
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall