Study links plastic plates to kidney stones
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There are new and potentially serious concerns for people who use plastic plates.
New research out of Taiwan suggests eating hot food on plates or out of bowls made of Melamine could increase your risk of developing kidney stones.
The study shows heat increases the amount of melamine released into the food.
The plastic has previously been linked to kidney stones.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
health alert, health news
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 1 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash 29 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather...
29 min ago