Getting paid to lose weight
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Five Jersey girls with bags in tow aren't headed down to the shore. They're on a mission to lose weight.
Really pushing yourself and others to lose weight and win cash. That's what the HealthyWage program is all about.
Jimmy Flemming is the co-founder of the program. Participants can sign up online or through their employer for one of three challenges.
The most popular challenge: the match up. It's a $75 dollar, three month program. The team that loses the highest percentage of weight wins ten thousand dollars.
There are two other programs: double or nothing is an individual program. For $150 fee, lose 10% of your weight in six months win $300.
In the BMI challenge, win up to one thousand dollars if go from a BMI of 30 to 25.
Between all of the challenges, HealthyWage has awarded more than 430-thousand dollars in prizes.
Learn more about how it works at www.healthywage.com
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
diet, dieting, health news, darla miles
- At least 2 dead, 28 hurt in East Harlem explosion 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 8 min ago
- Metro-North service changes due to East Harlem explosion
- Video: Emergency personnel investigating East...
- Video: How will the East Harlem explosion affect...
- Video: Building explosion rattles East Harlem
- Video: De Blasio: Gas leak complaint came in 15...
- Video: Residents near East Harlem explosion...
- Video: Woman hears East Harlem Explosion, thought...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination