Getting paid to lose weight
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Five Jersey girls with bags in tow aren't headed down to the shore. They're on a mission to lose weight.
Really pushing yourself and others to lose weight and win cash. That's what the HealthyWage program is all about.
Jimmy Flemming is the co-founder of the program. Participants can sign up online or through their employer for one of three challenges.
The most popular challenge: the match up. It's a $75 dollar, three month program. The team that loses the highest percentage of weight wins ten thousand dollars.
There are two other programs: double or nothing is an individual program. For $150 fee, lose 10% of your weight in six months win $300.
In the BMI challenge, win up to one thousand dollars if go from a BMI of 30 to 25.
Between all of the challenges, HealthyWage has awarded more than 430-thousand dollars in prizes.
Learn more about how it works at www.healthywage.com
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
diet, dieting, health news, darla miles
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Chilly Wednesday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions 9 min ago
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- LIE in Suffolk County reopens
- Family pushes for drug/alcohol testing after fatal accidents
- EXCLUSIVE: Suspect arrested in 'knockout' assaults
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral arrangements announced
- ACS workers reach plea deal in girl's death
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway 34 min ago
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos