Breast cancer patients may develop PTSD, study suggests
March 13, 2013 -- A new study reports that some breast cancer patients may develop Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
The study, which included 1,100 participants, was done by the Journal of the National Cancer Institute.
Researchers discovered that 23-percent of newly diagnosed breast cancer patients experience some symptoms of PTSD, like anxiety and trouble sleeping.
According to the report, younger women, African-American and Asian women are most likely to develop the disorder.
breast cancer, healthcheck
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says 25 min ago
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos