Yoga may relieve stress during Tax season
April 10, 2013 -- The deadline to file your taxes is next Monday and many people find this a daunting task.
Some experts say that simple yoga moves can help relieve some of the stress.
It may seem silly, but they say it is effective and good for your overall health as well.
You can follow some easy steps to help relief the tax stress.
Judi Bar, a registered yoga teacher says, "...you take a big breath in and go like this 'blah' and nobody is going to bother you as you're doing this and it's based on what's called the Lion's Pose. It tightens everything up, it shows you what it feels like to be tight, and then as you let go, it lets off steam."
You can also do some shoulder rolls, back and forth to open your chest and help you breathe deeper.
tax day, taxes, exercise, healthcheck
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch 56 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security 19 min ago
- South Korean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 16 min ago
- Photos: Easter 2014 Around the World
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
56 min ago