Yoga may relieve stress during Tax season
April 10, 2013 -- The deadline to file your taxes is next Monday and many people find this a daunting task.
Some experts say that simple yoga moves can help relieve some of the stress.
It may seem silly, but they say it is effective and good for your overall health as well.
You can follow some easy steps to help relief the tax stress.
Judi Bar, a registered yoga teacher says, "...you take a big breath in and go like this 'blah' and nobody is going to bother you as you're doing this and it's based on what's called the Lion's Pose. It tightens everything up, it shows you what it feels like to be tight, and then as you let go, it lets off steam."
You can also do some shoulder rolls, back and forth to open your chest and help you breathe deeper.
tax day, taxes, exercise, healthcheck
- Designer L'Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clearing And Cold 23 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Company insider comes forward against energy company 15 min ago
- Photos: NYC St. Patrick's Day Parade 50 min ago
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays 49 min ago
- Suspect accused of setting Brooklyn apartment fire 2 min ago
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Earthquake shakes Los Angeles awake 30 min ago
- Tuesday last day to apply for TCS NYC Marathon 11 min ago
- Photos: Dancing With The Stars Season 18 cast
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over...
49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clearing And Cold
23 min ago