New trampoline workout for adults at Chelsea Piers
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A new workout for adults where you feel like a kid, and you'll be having so much fun, you won't even realize you're working.
We are bouncing inside this trampoline arena at the Chelsea Piers Adventure Center in Connecticut in a new class that is just for adults.
"I see my kids here all the times on trampolines at birthday parties but I haven't jumped since I was a kid myself," said Cathy Steel.
But this time you get to feel like a kid as they use games and jumps to give you a high energy cardio workout, with less impact on the joints.
"The idea is to disguise the work as fun," said Byron Knox.
But you are working and you end up using muscles you never knew you had.
"When you become airborne now muscle groups come into play that try to self balance itself," adds Knox.
And the 26 interconnected trampolines are big enough to get some air and to sit and jump.
The new class combines the trampoline with rock climbing for part of the time.
It's $20 dollars per class, $10 dollars if you're a member of Chelsea Piers.
health news, dr. sapna parikh
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 54 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect 27 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Screw Magazine publisher Al Goldstein dies at 77
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos