New trampoline workout for adults at Chelsea Piers
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A new workout for adults where you feel like a kid, and you'll be having so much fun, you won't even realize you're working.
We are bouncing inside this trampoline arena at the Chelsea Piers Adventure Center in Connecticut in a new class that is just for adults.
"I see my kids here all the times on trampolines at birthday parties but I haven't jumped since I was a kid myself," said Cathy Steel.
But this time you get to feel like a kid as they use games and jumps to give you a high energy cardio workout, with less impact on the joints.
"The idea is to disguise the work as fun," said Byron Knox.
But you are working and you end up using muscles you never knew you had.
"When you become airborne now muscle groups come into play that try to self balance itself," adds Knox.
And the 26 interconnected trampolines are big enough to get some air and to sit and jump.
The new class combines the trampoline with rock climbing for part of the time.
It's $20 dollars per class, $10 dollars if you're a member of Chelsea Piers.
health news, dr. sapna parikh
- 90-minute delays after LIRR service suspension 13 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 1 min ago
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians 16 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
1 min ago