Red Cross requests donations after down month
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The American Red Cross is asking people to get into the spirit of giving now.
The organization has issued an emergency call for blood and platelet donors of all blood types.
And what better way to get people's attention than holding a blood drive.
At Grand Central Terminal in Manhattan Tuesday, plenty of folks rolled up their sleeves for the cause.
Blood donations were down in June and the first week of July.
The Red Cross is hoping by getting the word out, so donations will go up.
Donations typically slow down in the summer when regular donors go on vacation.
If you want to donate blood to the red cross, check out locations:
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted 31 min ago
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings 32 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014