I-Team obtains Jackson Jr.'s final campaign disclosure records
December 11, 2012 -- The ABC7 ITeam has obtained Jesse Jackson Jr.'s final campaign disclosure records as congressman.
Even though Jackson was out of commission and conducted no public business since last spring, the bottom line of his federal campaign disclosure shows that his campaign did have political dealings underway.
The ITeam has learned that Jackson accepted campaign funds, right up to the end of his resignation from Congress.
According to paperwork filed with the Federal Election Commission, Jackson continued to accept donations into October- a month before his resignation from the House of Representatives.
Here are the details, according to the paperwork:
-$5000 from the National Education Association Fund for Children
-$4000 from the National Association of Realtors Political Action Committee.
-Jackson continued to pay his wife her monthly $5000 salary as a political consultant.
-Mrs. Jackson's company was paid on November 7th. That's the day after the election in which her husband won a landslide victory, despite a robocall being the only form of campaigning.
-A ward organization run by Mrs. Jackson was paid $1250 for office space rented by the Jackson campaign.
Perhaps most important to the now unemploted ex-congressman is the bottom line of the report: $105,703.12
That is the amount of campaign cash left, that Jackson is entitled to keep under federal law as long as he declares it as income on his personal taxes.
iteam, chuck goudie
- Missing11-year-old Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 43 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing11-year-old Brooklyn boy found safe...
12 min ago