I-Team obtains Jackson Jr.'s final campaign disclosure records
December 11, 2012 -- The ABC7 ITeam has obtained Jesse Jackson Jr.'s final campaign disclosure records as congressman.
Even though Jackson was out of commission and conducted no public business since last spring, the bottom line of his federal campaign disclosure shows that his campaign did have political dealings underway.
The ITeam has learned that Jackson accepted campaign funds, right up to the end of his resignation from Congress.
According to paperwork filed with the Federal Election Commission, Jackson continued to accept donations into October- a month before his resignation from the House of Representatives.
Here are the details, according to the paperwork:
-$5000 from the National Education Association Fund for Children
-$4000 from the National Association of Realtors Political Action Committee.
-Jackson continued to pay his wife her monthly $5000 salary as a political consultant.
-Mrs. Jackson's company was paid on November 7th. That's the day after the election in which her husband won a landslide victory, despite a robocall being the only form of campaigning.
-A ward organization run by Mrs. Jackson was paid $1250 for office space rented by the Jackson campaign.
Perhaps most important to the now unemploted ex-congressman is the bottom line of the report: $105,703.12
That is the amount of campaign cash left, that Jackson is entitled to keep under federal law as long as he declares it as income on his personal taxes.
iteam, chuck goudie
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 26 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
26 min ago