Lifestyle & Fun
Study: Average wedding costs more than $27,000
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Finding true love is one thing, but paying to marry your soul mate is another.
The average wedding now costs north of $27,000, 45 percent of which is for food and the catering hall.
Cost conscious couples are now opting for nontraditional, cheaper locales, including historic buildings or botanical gardens.
And they're cutting guests, since each table for 10 costs more than $1,400, on average.
As for paying for the wedding itself, the couple pays at least part of the bill about 17 percent of the time.
The total average covers bride, groom and an average of 138 guests,.
The study was done by Pew Research, The Wedding Report and the U.S. Census Bureau.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital 46 min ago
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View" 3 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent...
46 min ago
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos