Lifestyle & Fun
Study: Average wedding costs more than $27,000
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Finding true love is one thing, but paying to marry your soul mate is another.
The average wedding now costs north of $27,000, 45 percent of which is for food and the catering hall.
Cost conscious couples are now opting for nontraditional, cheaper locales, including historic buildings or botanical gardens.
And they're cutting guests, since each table for 10 costs more than $1,400, on average.
As for paying for the wedding itself, the couple pays at least part of the bill about 17 percent of the time.
The total average covers bride, groom and an average of 138 guests,.
The study was done by Pew Research, The Wedding Report and the U.S. Census Bureau.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Missing plane may have turned back 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Spring forward: Clocks turned ahead one hour
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Missing plane may have turned back
53 min ago