Lifestyle & Fun
Study: Average wedding costs more than $27,000
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Finding true love is one thing, but paying to marry your soul mate is another.
The average wedding now costs north of $27,000, 45 percent of which is for food and the catering hall.
Cost conscious couples are now opting for nontraditional, cheaper locales, including historic buildings or botanical gardens.
And they're cutting guests, since each table for 10 costs more than $1,400, on average.
As for paying for the wedding itself, the couple pays at least part of the bill about 17 percent of the time.
The total average covers bride, groom and an average of 138 guests,.
The study was done by Pew Research, The Wedding Report and the U.S. Census Bureau.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide