Lifestyle & Fun
Cooking camp for kids
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Looking for summer activities for your children? It's never too early to prime your young epicureans.
"I do no prep ahead of time. They learn knife skills. They learn to garnish at the end. It's a whole process," he explained.
Sur La Table has offered cooking camp in other cities, but it's new to New York this summer. The young kids, 8-12 year olds, cook in the morning. teens in the afternoons, and while they're learning how to work and play together, they're also expanding their palates.
They were making calzones and filling them with lots of ingerdients while we were there. While the calzones were in the oven, it was on to chocolate crepes.
The classes continue through the summer with offering ranging from around the world foods to sweet treats for baking.
For more information, please visit www.surlatable.com.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
food, cooking, children, lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Budget vote approved in the House 51 min ago
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees